As more posts are added on the topic, you will be able to find them listed below, under this post, under the heading "Mineral Facts".
Here are some Magnesium facts:
- About 60% of this mineral is found in our bones
- Magnesium is needed so our bodies can metabolize (use) Vitamin C, phosphorus, potassium and sodium.
- Take with calcium, it helps the calcium utilize calcium properly, some suggest taking magnesium:calcium in a 1:2 ratio. So if you're taking 250 mg. Calcium, take with 125 mg. Magnesium
- Magnesium benefits the bones and teeth.
- Consider this mineral if you are having trouble with restless leg syndrome.
- Enzymes are important to our bodies, that's a topic for another post. For now, just know that over 300 enzymes are made more useful to the body by magnesium.
- Helps with insulin production.
- Magnesium comes in different forms, two of the best are Citrate and Malate.
- Magnesium has a relaxing affect on the smooth muscle tissues in the body, which may account for the following benefits:
- May reduce the frequency of migraines
- May reduce severity of asthma attacks
- May help with PMS symptoms
- Green Leafy vegetables (central atom in the chlorophyll molecule)
- Grapefruit (remember, Grapefruit is contraindicated with many meds...visit this link for more information on this)
- Whole-Grain Bread
- Natural un-refined Cereal
Image Credit: Aixklusiv on Pixabay
Post a Comment